Grow and update your school’s Gale eBooks (formerly known as Gale Virtual Reference Library – GVRL) collection by purchasing some of the latest reference and non-fiction eBooks through Libraries First at a remarkable 30% to 45% discount. Gale and Libraries First are excited to expand upon offerings on the Gale eBooks platform with great additional options from Gale’s outstanding partner publishers – including Britannica, Reference Point Press, Cavendish, Ominigraphics, ABDO, Enslow, Greenhaven, New York Times, and Lucent! All of these great titles reside on Gale’s award-winning eBook platform providing unlimited simultaneous user access – making your eBook holding always available to all students and teachers to support instruction in the classroom and beyond. Contact your Gale Education Consultant with any questions or assistance in identifying the best content to support your academic programs – get trial access to see and evaluate these offerings! Use the word green as the password.
Choose from this list of exciting new titles and continuing series that includes:
- Great new titles from Gale and its Imprints
- New Volumes to popular Gale Series such as Novels for Students
- New and exciting options from Gale’s partner publishers to further enrich your holding and support all learners
Gale eBooks and Offer Details
- Savings of 30% – 45% off of eBook List Prices
- All titles provide unlimited, simultaneous-user access from any location or device
- Language translation of all content into 39 languages – all at the user level
- Keyword search terms to the page level to quickly find the content you need
- Cross-search Gale eBooks with Gale online databases with Power Search
- MARC Records available to add Gale eBooks to your OPAC
- Readspeaker utility for text-to-speech (including numerous languages); setting for closed-captioning as well as download MP3 audio files to support audio learners
- Download entries for offline reading or to Google Drive or MS OneDrive – no limitations to downloads and they never expire!
- Citation generation and integration with EasyBib, NoodleTools, G-Suite, and OneDrive
- Can fully integrate with Learning Management Systems like Canvas and Schoology
A minimum purchase of $2,000 (discounted immediately to $1,400) is required to participate in this ongoing offer that delivers significant savings to schools. Depending on the total list price of the titles you choose, the discount applied to your order will be 30% to 45% off. Note the Additional Publishers tab where all titles are at 30% off with no minimum purchase levels. An administrative fee of $325 is assessed annually to offset the hosting fee paid to Gale by Libraries First.
View the Title List/Receive a Price Quote
To view the Gale eBooks High School titles list and pricing information, download the current order form (XLS) and follow the directions below:
- Complete ALL of the school information at the top of the form
- Select the titles you would like to purchase by placing a “1” next to each desired title
- Your discounted purchase price will automatically be calculated and may be viewed at the bottom of the order form. The $325 annual administration fee will be invoiced separately.
- Place your order by e-mailing the completed form to Skip Mosshamer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Contact your Gale Education Consultants with any questions about Gale content offerings and platforms:
Allison Farrar (email@example.com) for:
Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grudy, Kane, Lake, McHenry, Will, and Winnebego Counties
Janel Schnur (firstname.lastname@example.org) for:
All Other Illinois Counties
Tricia Bekker (email@example.com) – All Counties